We help businesses deal with government and regulators at their most difficult times: when government and regulators have commenced prosecutions or investigations.
We defend businesses during all phases of a regulatory or administrative proceeding, including investigations, hearings before administrative tribunals, and judicial reviews.
We fight city hall, as well as provincial and federal authorities. We keep governments accountable by challenging their decisions in the courts or administrative tribunals on behalf of our clients.
We have experience before many administrative tribunals, including:
- Securities industry regulators, including the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC); Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA); and the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC)
- Competition Tribunal
- Canadian Radio-television Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
- Professional discipline bodies such as the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC)
- Toronto Licencing Tribunal
- Federal, provincial, and municipal lobbying commissioners
- Federal, provincial, and municipal ethics commissioners
- Provincial energy regulators, such as the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC)