Michael Binetti, a partner of the firm, brings a proven litigation background plus extensive experience in arguing both trials and appeals. He has demonstrated his strategic legal capability and expertise in wide-ranging areas of litigation, including business and construction disputes, fraud, employment law, competition investigations, private competition actions, elections law and dealing with municipal and government regulators.
- Acts as trial and appellate counsel before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court, and Court of Appeal
- Acts for a variety of companies subject to competition enforcement, including global auto manufacturers, engineering services firms, real estate professionals, and the construction industry
- Advises on fair business practices, including advertising and marketing business practices, and avoiding deceptive marketing practices; represents businesses in advertising and marketing-related investigations and prosecutions
- Advises employers and employees regarding termination of employment litigation and fraud and severance
- Acts for franchisors and franchisees in franchise disputes
- Acts for product manufacturers and insurers in product liability cases
- Acts for various companies dealing with internal and external fraud
- Acts for politicians, companies and individuals interacting with government in respect of regulatory proceedings and judicial reviews (federal, provincial and municipal), elections law, integrity investigations, lobbyist registrations, and enforcement of municipal by-laws
- Acts for brokerage houses, brokers, and clients in brokerage/securities disputes
- Acts for construction companies and contractors in construction lien disputes
- Acts for landowners in disputes regarding rights-of-way, easements, and land use planning
- Acts for lawyers in professional negligence actions and duty counsel for Law Society of Upper Canada disciplinary hearings
- Chair of the Marketing Practices Committee of the Canadian Bar Association Competition Law Section; in that role has organized and moderated several seminars, including with the American Bar Association and US Federal Trade Commission
- Trustee, Toronto Lawyers Association, with active interest in Advocacy and Licensing committees
- Active member of the Canadian Bar Association's Competition Law Section
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Review Rated Lawyer of Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 as of March 2014.
- Best Lawyers in Canada 2018 for Advertising and Marketing Law
- Frequent contributor to The Litigator and listed as a "Very Popular" author for Class Action and Telecom-related analysis and commentary by Mondaq.com.