Michael Binetti, a partner of the firm, brings a proven litigation background plus extensive experience in arguing both trials and appeals. He has demonstrated his strategic legal capability and expertise in wide-ranging areas of litigation, including business and construction disputes, fraud, employment law, competition investigations, private competition actions, elections law and dealing with municipal and government regulators.
- Acts as trial and appellate counsel before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court, and Court of Appeal
- Acts for a variety of companies subject to competition enforcement, including global auto manufacturers, engineering services firms, real estate professionals, and the construction industry
- Advises on fair business practices, including advertising, marketing, and avoiding deceptive marketing practices; represents businesses in advertising and marketing-related investigations and prosecutions
- Advises employers and employees regarding termination of employment and severance
- Acts for franchisors and franchisees in franchise disputes
- Acts for product manufacturers and insurers in product liability cases
- Acts for various companies dealing with internal and external fraud
- Acts for politicians, companies and individuals interacting with government in respect of judicial review applications, elections law, integrity investigations, lobbyist registrations, and enforcement of municipal by-laws
- Acts for brokerage houses, brokers, and clients in brokerage/securities disputes
- Acts for construction companies and contractors in construction lien disputes
- Acts for landowners in disputes regarding rights-of-way, easements, and land use planning
- Acts for lawyers in professional negligence actions and duty counsel for Law Society of Upper Canada disciplinary hearings
- Trustee, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Active member of the Canadian Bar Association's Competition Law Section
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Review Rated Lawyer of Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 as of March 2014.
- Frequent contributor to The Litigator and listed as a "Very Popular" author for Class Action and Telecom-related analysis and commentary by Mondaq.com.
- Studied in the French Common Law Section at the University of Ottawa Faculty of Law. Fluent in English, French, and Italian.
- Join me on LinkedIn