Wendy Sun has substantive experience in domestic and international contractual disputes, competition law, franchise disputes, shareholder disputes, negligent misrepresentation, commercial leasing, and intellectual property matters. She articled with Affleck Greene McMurtry and is a valuable and welcome addition to the AGM team.
- Conducted legal research on a wide range of corporate, commercial, securities and competition matters and provided litigation support to lawyers in proceedings before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) and the Competition Bureau.
- Drafted and reviewed legal documents including shareholders agreements, settlement agreements, mortgage and leasing documents, pleadings, research memos and opinion letters.
- Investigated disputes between major Canadian banks and customers for the ADR Chambers Banking Ombuds Office and assisted in the drafting of arbitration decisions.
- Independently managed Small Claims Court files and represented clients at settlement conferences, motions and trials.
- Attended examinations for discovery and motions at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
- Davies Canadian Corporate/Securities Moot Court Competition – Third Place Team (2014), Omatsu Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers Student Scholarship (2013), Goodmans LLP Scholarship (2013).
- Proficient in English and Mandarin Chinese.