Peter is a widely recognized and renowned litigator with substantial expertise in high profile and complex Commercial Litigation at the trial and appellate levels. Peter acts as counsel for insurance companies on professional liability, E&O claims, Director's and Officer's liability, and surety, fidelity and dishonesty bond claims. He has particular expertise in securities litigation and Regulatory Hearing, and has acted for Canada's largest investment firms. He regularly acts as defence counsel in large Class Actions before the courts in Ontario, and before national and provincial Regulatory agencies, boards and tribunals. Peter is regularly involved in large product liability and construction contract cases involving Construction Liens or Surety Bonds.
- Has appeared and argued matters before the:
- Ontario Securities Commission (OSC)
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) (formerly known as the Investment Dealers Association)
- Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA)
- National Energy Board
- Ontario Energy Board
- Ontario Municipal Board
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Occupational Health and Safety Board
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Acts as defence counsel for Investment Houses and Investment Advisors in numerous cases proceeding before the courts in Ontario.
- Acts as defence counsel for insurers and plaintiffs' claims involving fidelity/dishonesty bond claims, directors and officers and errors and omission policy claims, including providing coverage opinions.
- Actively involved in major construction claims in several of the Provinces in Canada acting for contractors, owners, and sureties involving construction lien claims, and as defence counsel for sureties on claims under Performance and Labour and Material Payment Bonds.
- Author of numerous papers.
- Certified as a Specialist in Civil Litigation by The Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Appeared on numerous Inquests involving products liability claims and in defending prosecutions under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Peter was inducted as a Member of the Bertha Wilson Honour Society of Dalhousie University in 2014. In 2015 he became a Member of the Board of the Society which yearly selects new inductees.