Michael leads AGM’s competition team. He advises clients on compliance with the Competition Actand other statues such as the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act. He defends businesses targeted by Competition Bureau investigations and class actions. He assists clients in obtaining merger clearance.
Michael also represents clients in commercial disputes before the courts and arbitral tribunals.
- Numerous cases before the Competition Tribunal
- Trial and appellate counsel before all levels of court and arbitral tribunals
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Editor of the Canadian Competition Law Review, a peer-reviewed journal published by the Canadian Bar Association’s Competition Law Section
- Vice-Chair, Books & Treatises Committee, American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law
- Writes and speaks frequently on competition law and commercial litigation topics