Michael is a respected and practised litigator who acts for and advises parties in a wide range of competition matters, a variety of commercial disputes, including contractual disputes, shareholders' disputes, commercial fraud, and employment matters, and also in administrative law and constitutional issues.
- Successfully represented the Commissioner of Competition in cases before the Competition Tribunal.
- Acted as trial and appellate counsel before all levels of court, including the Superior Court of Justice and Court of Appeal for Ontario, the Federal Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Active member of both the Canadian Bar Association's Competition Law Section and the American Bar Association's Anti-trust Section.
- Michael is Managing Editor and a primary contributor on thelitigator.ca, Affleck Greene McMurtry's widely-read blog offering Compelling Commentary on Law Affecting Business.
- Michael is also an editor of the Canadian Competition Law Review. He was responsible for redevelopment of the CBA Competition Law Section website, and has previously chaired the Section’s Reviewable Matters and Unilateral Conduct Committee, and assisted in preparing the new Competition Tribunal Rules as a member of the Tribunal’s rules working group.
- Michael speaks frequently on competition law and commercial litigation topics, and teaches in CPD programs sponsored by the Advocates Society.
- Frequent contributor to newsletters published by the ABA's Anti-trust Section, The Litigator, and other renowned legal periodicals.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
View Michael's most recent publications.