Karen Bernofsky is a strong advocate with a focus on commercial litigation and delivering cost-effective solutions. She advises and represents clients in a broad range of complex insurance matters, construction matters and commercial disputes, including breach of contract and invoice disputes. Karen is also a skilled negotiator with a proven track record in effective mediation advocacy. She has appeared before all levels of courts and administrative tribunals in Ontario as well as before the Federal Court of Canada.
Karen is a karaoke enthusiast and enjoys belting out 70s, 80s, and 90s hits.
- Acts for and advises directors, officers, and shareholders on disputes and potential liability issues
- Advises clients on privacy and cyber risk issues
- Acted for both plaintiffs and defendants in claims for intentional torts, including fraud and intrusion upon seclusion
- Defended professionals against claims and complaints to courts and administrative bodies
- Appeared on complex and successful difficult to win motions
- Acted in appeals to the Divisional Court and Court of Appeal
- During law school, placed second at the prestigious national Gale moot after arguing an appeal before Justices of the Supreme Court of Canada and Courts of Appeal