Fiona Campbell is an experienced advocate with a focus on commercial litigation, competition law, class actions, employment law, securities litigation, insurance law, intellectual property disputes, and professional negligence claims.
Fiona has appeared before multiple levels of court in Ontario, British Columbia, and before the Competition Tribunal and the Federal Court of Appeal. She has been counsel in numerous trials, hearings, and motions, and has successfully negotiated the resolution of dozens of cases.
- Represented a Respondent in abuse of dominance proceedings before the Competition Tribunal (two hearings) and the Federal Court of Appeal. Defence of our client at the first hearing was nominated for the Global Competition Review’s 2014 “Behavioural Matter of the Year – Americas” award.
- Acts as defence counsel in price fixing class actions.
- Provides advice to clients regarding Competition Act compliance and also regarding complaints to the Competition Bureau regarding competitor conduct.
- Acts for companies subject to competition investigations; advises on the Competition Bureau’s leniency and immunity programs.
- Advises and acts on fair business practices disputes, including advertising and marketing business practices.
- Acts on insured and uninsured professional negligence matters involving lawyers and investment industry professionals, broker/dealer disputes, and regulatory investigations.
- Advises and acts on copyright and trademark disputes.
- Represents employers and employees in numerous employment law cases including wrongful dismissal and human rights disputes.
- Acts for companies and individuals litigating with government, including judicial reviews, and enforcement of municipal by-laws.