The Hon. David Dingwall is highly regarded for his substantial, in-depth experience in both the private and public sectors, at both the national and international level. He was elected to the Parliament of Canada on four different occasions, and has engaged in business activities throughout Canada and the United States, as well as Australia, China, Japan, Sweden, Israel, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, and Barbados, to name but a few. Drawing on a background that integrates such notable occupations as lawyer, national public figure, corporate CEO, Corporate Director, and distinguished public speaker, David brings a unique and considerable perspective to the issues of the modern enterprise.
David's practice consists of corporate governance, public policy, corporate/commercial, and alternate dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, domestic and international arbitration. He has been appointed as Arbitrator to the Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (Shanghai International Arbitration Centre, SHIAC). He was also appointed to the Panel of International Commercial Arbitrators by the ICC National Committee of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, and is a Founding Member of the Toronto Arbitrators' Society.
Mr. Dingwall is currently a Board Member of the Canada/China Business Council, Royal Host Inc., Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation, Co-Director of the Institute on Canada/China Business Development, Ryerson University, the Canadian Bar Association, and The Advocates' Society. Mr. Dingwall is the host of the Ryerson Negotiation Project.
- SHIAC, Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, appoints The Honourable David C. Dingwall, P.C., Q.C., ICD.D as Arbitrator on its international panel.
- The Canada China Business Council (CCBC) appoints The Honourable David C. Dingwall, P.C., Q.C. to its Board of Directors.
- The ICC National Committee of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce appoints The Honourable David C. Dingwall, P.C., Q.C. to the Panel of International Commercial Arbitrators.
- Founding Member of the Toronto Arbitrators' Society.
- As Canada's Health Minister, introduced and passed the Tobacco Control Act, in 1997; a major achievement recognized by the World Health Organization and the Canadian Lung Association respectively.
- Royal Canadian Mint, President and CEO. Provided leadership nationally and internationally to drive the revenue line, creating hundreds of new jobs and earned a reputation as a world leader in innovation. The Poppy Coin, the World's first coloured coin, was created under Mr. Dingwall's leadership.
- Former Chairman and Director of Trustees for Rogers Sugar Income Fund, Director of Web Standards Inc., Director of MD Life Insurance Ltd., Executive Member of St. Joseph Corporation, and a member of the advisory board for State Street Global Advisors.
- Served as CEO of an international consulting company providing strategic communication and government relations advice to large and medium size corporations.
- Presently Chairman and CEO of The Darius Group Inc., a corporation that champions the growth of companies and works closely with executives to clarify personal and institutional goals, and achieve stated objectives.
- Elected to the Parliament of Canada on four different occasions.
- Actively involved in numerous charities.
Mr. Dingwall is the recent author of the book, Negotiating So Everyone Wins, an exploration of the principles and practices used by many of Canada’s top negotiators. A combination of core ideas, real experiences and step-by-step advice, this book provides insight into negotiations ranging from real estate transactions to multi-party agreements and international trade disputes. A compelling and engaging read, this book’s universal content and emphasis make it a useful complement to any negotiation theory.