Annie Tayyab skillfully navigates a wide range of competition and commercial matters. Her experience includes multi-jurisdictional class actions, complex contractual disputes, competition law, shareholder disputes, regulatory proceedings, consumer protection, commercial leasing, condominium legislation, and professional negligence, including errors and omissions by brokers/dealers and lawyers.
- Has successfully appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Small Claims Court, the Mutual Fund Dealers Association, and Construction Lien Court.
- Independently managed complex disputes of various sizes.
- Negotiated and resolved matters outside of the courtroom where beneficial for her clients.
- Articled at an international, full-service law firm, which included a secondment to the Royal Bank of Canada.
- Recipient of the Best Respondent’s Factum award for the Frank M. Callaghan Memorial Moot at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law.
- Finalist in The Geneva Challenge 2014: Empowering Women for Development, hosted by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Fluent in English and Urdu, and intermediate fluency in French.