Kyle's commercial litigation and advocacy practice offers particular expertise in securities, insurance, construction and employment disputes. A fierce advocate for clients, Kyle has a proven ability to approach client issues in a strategic manner, always balancing their business and commercial interests with their legal rights. Kyle's clients benefit from his experience in business and politics, and appreciate his common sense and results-driven style.
- Appears before all levels of Court and Administrative Tribunals.
- Acts for all market participants interacting with the OSC, IIROC and the MFDA, including Exempt Market and Private Capital Dealers.
- Acts for both insured and insurers in insurance coverage disputes, including Financial Institution Bonds and Professional Liability policies.
- Acts for both plaintiffs and defendants in professional negligence/misconduct claims.
- Acts for financial services professionals and their firms in matters involving negligence and/or misconduct.
- Acts for Administrative Services Providers, employers and long-term disability insurers in denial of benefits claims.
- Acts for contractors and construction companies in construction disputes.
- Acts for shareholders in corporate disputes.
- Acts for landowners in property disputes.
- Acts for both employers and employees in employment law disputes.
- Acts for lenders and other parties in insolvency and restructuring matters
- Served as Director of Corporate Projects at Magna International Inc., where he advised on a broad range of both business and legal matters.
- Active politically for three decades, he has advised clients on their ongoing relationship with all levels of government, and further advises clients on compliance of their government relations activities.